Washable Rug Black Chia Wool
Welcome to the revolutionary and beautiful Woolables Washable Collection by Lorena Canals, the first of its kind in the rug industry. Be inspired by Sri Lanka's lush tea plantation landscape with this exquisite Lorena Canals Black Chia Wool Washable Rug. The charcoal coloured cotton canvas base highlights the silvery grey wool pile that resembles the cultivated fields of autumn. Enjoy the convenience of machine-washing without compromising on style and luxury with this environmentally-friendly product made for modern living.
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Woolable rug is handcrafted by skilled artisans in India using natural wool fibers
- Each Lorena Canals rug is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Pile: 100% Wool
- Base: Recycled Cotton
- Dyes: Natural non-toxic dyes
- Each rug is hand-dyed using natural non-polluting dyes that follow an eco-friendly framework making it completely safe for our little ones as well as the environment
- Natural dyes also keeps the rug light, soft and flexible
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality wool rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- This light-weight wool rug makes clean-up very easy. Simply give it a shake!
- For larger messes, throw the entire rug into a domestic washing machine on gentle-cycle
- Each rug comes with a non-slip underlay (rug pad)
- Size: 5' 7' x 7' 11'
- Colour: Silvery grey and charcoal black
- Pile height: Short
- Each Lorena Canals rug has the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- Made in India
- All Lorena Canals rugs comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including Certificate of Compliance (CPSIA), ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- This rug is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Location: Indoor & Outdoor use
- Included: Cotton Bag and a Non-slip underlay
About the Brand
Los Angeles-based designer Lorena Canals has been revolutionising the rug industry since 2000 when she introduced the very first collection of washable cotton rugs. Years later, she continues in pursuit of creating beautiful designs with practical solutions that make everyday living with kids easier and more sustainable. Lorena Canals now has an array of products alongside the well-known rugs, such as cushions, blankets, and room accessories, all made with the same commitment to quality, design and sustainability.
Lorena Canals operates out of Barcelona, New York and Los Angeles, with their rugs manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India, where they have full control of the quality and the best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process.
Wool rugs have been a much-loved addition to homes for centuries, thanks to its many great qualities. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic, non-allergenic, renewable, and bio-degradable, making it a great eco-friendly choice for households. Wool is also strong, insulating, fire-retardant, and self-extinguishing, making it the ideal choice for safety around kids. It is coated naturally with lanolin, making it resistant to stains and dirt, and any spills can be easily cleaned with a cloth.
Care Instructions for Woolables by Lorena Canals
- When you first receive the rug, unpack the rug from its bag and lay flat. Allow the pile to condition at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, then brush or vacuum as normal to allow the pile to recover
- Wool rugs will shed fibers when new and during use. This is not a defect but a characteristic of the natural wool fiber used
- Trim with scissors any pulled or loose threads to prevent further damage
- To prevent dust and crumbs from settling into the roots of the fiber, we recommend regular vacuuming using low-powered vacuum cleaner with high-pile setting
- Clean spots and absorb liquid spills immediately with a clean, absorbent cloth. Avoid scrubbing
- Do not use chemicals as they could damage or fade the colours of your rug
- When rug is in need of a wash, check the label sewn onto the rug for recommended washing machine capacity for each rug
- For this size, we recommend a minimum capacity of 9 kg
- Wash separately at 30 degrees using a gentle cycle for a maximum of 30 minutes. A neutral detergent can be used during the wash
- Make sure to use a low spin cycle if the rug has braids or fringes
- Do not bleach and softener
- Do not leave the wet rug in the washer as colours may bleed and transfer
- Tumble dry at low temperature
- Do not dry clean
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight as it may result in colour fading
- Never store the rug in an airtight plastic bag. Use the cotton bag that is included for storing
- We recommend the use of the anti-slip underlay (included) to keep the rug in place
Bring Sri Lanka's lush, tranquil tea plantation landscape into your home with with Lorena Canals' Black Chia Wool Washable Area Rug! This product is made entirely of natural, eco-friendly materials and is conveniently machine-washable for everyday use.
SHIPPING & RETURNS
SHIPPING & RETURNS
Shipping is always free. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, you may return the item(s) by mail for an exchange or refund. Click here for our return and refund policy.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.