Kinga Woolable Rug | Washable
The Lorena Canals Kinga Woolable Area Rug from the Africa Woolable Collection is an inspired piece of artistry. Hand-crafted intricately using fleecy wool, each rug is carefully dyed using natural non-polluting dyes, which makes it safe for children and the environment. The rug boasts a plush medium pile height and a variety of textured shades, creating a warm and natural appeal. Enriched with two removable woolen braids, this rug can be easily removed and even washed in a domestic machine.
- Construction: Hand-made
- Pile: 100% Wool Base: Recycled Cotton
- Each rug is hand-dyed using natural non-polluting dyes that follow an eco-friendly framework making it completely safe for our little ones as well as the environment
- Light, soft and flexible
- Easy to clean with a shake or a wash
- Designed in Barcelona
- Made in India
- Complies with all quality and safety regulations for children including Certificate of Compliance (CPSIA), ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- Size: 4'7'' x 6'7''
- Colours: Natural, Sea shell, Sandstone, Walnut, Almond Frost, Silver grey, Moonlight, Cloud grey, Charcoal.
- Comes with a Non-slip underlay (rug pad) and cotton bag for storage
Eco-Friendly and Hygienic Materials
The Lorena Canals Kinga Woolable Area Rug is ecologically sound, made with 100% wool, recycled cotton, and hand-dyed with natural non-polluting dyes. These natural dyes make the rug non-toxic and fully safe for children, as it follows the eco-friendly framework for safety, quality, and sustainability. The materials used are also hygienic; wool is naturally fire-retardant and self-extinguishing. Its lanolin coating is highly resistant to dirt and spills, which also inhibits dust mites and bacteria. Additionally, it is proven that wool is a healthy choice and is non-allergenic.
- When you first receive the rug, unpack the rug from its bag and lay flat. Allow the pile to condition at room temperature for 2 to 3 days, then brush or vacuum as normal to allow the pile to recover
- Trim with scissors any pulled or loose threads to prevent further damage
- Vacuum regularly to prevent dust and crumbs from settling into the roots of the fiber, use low-powered vacuum cleaner with high-pile setting
- Clean spills immediately with a clean, absorbent cloth. Avoid scrubbing
- Do not use chemicals as they could damage or fade the colours of your rug
- When rug is in need of a wash, check the label sewn onto the rug for recommended washing machine capacity for each rug. For this size, we recommend a minimum capacity of 9 kg
- Wash separately at 30 degrees using a gentle cycle for a maximum of 30 minutes. Use a neutral detergent
- Use a low spin cycle if the rug has braids or fringes
- Do not bleach or add fabric softener
- Do not leave the wet rug in the washer as colours may bleed or transfer
- Tumble dry at low temperature
- Do not dry clean
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight as it may result in colour fading
- Never store the rug in an airtight plastic bag. Use the cotton bag that is included for storing
- We recommend the use of the anti-slip underlay (included) to keep the rug in place
About the Brand
The Lorena Canals brand sparked revolution in the children’s home décor industry with their introduction of washable cotton rugs in the late 1990s. They continue to lead the way in eco-friendliness, comfort, and innovation. Their mission is to bring nature into children’s living spaces, inspiring a connection to nature, and celebrating inspiring designs with a modern twist. Lorena Canals’ products are made with love and dedication for all the details in the two manufacture facilities in India, which is 100% owned and managed by the same family. The design team and artisans work side by side gathering experience and developing unique techniques that eventually become part of their collections.