Washable Rug Koa Rose Woolable
Lorena Canals' famous Woolable range goes kid-friendly with this collection of washable wool rugs inspired by cute, fluffy sheep. Now children from 3 years of age can enjoy the natural qualities of soft wool in their rooms with this Pink Nose Sheep Woolable Kids Collection. Timeless designs in soft, subdued colours, enhanced by the distinctive bright, whitish hues of New Zealand wool. This Pink Nose Sheep Woolable Kids Collection is a versatile collection filled with intricate handmade details, that is complete with matching sheep-themed accessories.
Inspired by the typical yarn-dyed checks patterns of traditionally woven throws, the Kaia rug features crossing horizontal and vertical lines forming a tricolor checks pattern. The crossing lines in Sheep White, Pink Bloom and Sandstone create a structured surface of areas showing bare canvas and others with tightly stitched small squares. Finished all around the edges with 3 cm long pile wool.
As with all Lorena Canals rugs, this piece is designed to be easily washed at home in a conventional washing machine. They are handmade one by one by artisans who take care of every detail with 100% natural fibers. All Lorena Canals rugs including this Lorena Canals Koa Rose Woolable Area Rug is designed with a commitment to the environment.
- Construction: Hand Made
- Each Lorena Canals rug is handmade in their private facility in India using traditional methods
- Due to its handmade nature, each rug is unique and one of a kind
- Material: Pile: 100% Wool (contains 20% of non-dyed New Zealand wool) / Base: Recycled Cotton
- Apart from being environmentally sustainable as a biodegradable and renewable material, wool is a complex fiber known for its intrinsic insulating and moisture repellent properties capable of keeping us warm in the winter and cool in the summer
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic and therefore suitable for people with allergies or asthma as it does not attract dust mites
- Wool is fireproof, UV and stain resistant thanks to its natural wax coating, preventing spills from soaking in
- Woolable rugs are machine-washable making it easy to keep them in perfect shape for a safe and clean home
- Being a trusted brand in the industry, this high quality wool rug is made to last a lifetime and can withstand rigorous play
- This is a handcrafted piece, and slight variations in color and appearance may occur, being part of its uniqueness
- Wool rugs will shed fibers when new and during use. This is not a defect, but a characteristic of the natural wool fiber used
- We do not recommend using this rug for children under 3 years
- Each rug comes with a non-slip underlay (rug pad)
- Collection: Pink Nose Sheep Woolable Kids
- Handmade in India
- Each Lorena Canals rug bares the signature of the designer on the back, which certifies their quality and authenticity
- Designed in Barcelona
- All Lorena Canals rugs comply with all quality and safety regulations for children including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and AITEX certified
- This rug is environmentally friendly and free from toxic dyes or contaminants
- Size: 4' x 5' 7"
- Colour: Sheep White, Frosted Rose, Sandstone
- Location: Indoor/outdoor use
About the Brand
It started with one simple question that perhaps a lot of us parents have: 'Why can't we wash our kids' rugs at home? That was enough to set Lorena Canals on a journey to come up with a solution. Lorena Canals started her company to fill the void of modern day living. Her rug designs are stylish and practical. Her cotton and Woolable rug collections are machine-washable and is the new standard in the world of rug design.
28 years later, Lorena Canals now operates out of offices in Barcelona and New York. Their rugs are manufactured in two of their very own facilities in India where they have full control of the quality and best practices. Their designers work side by side with 120 artisans who take care of every detail in an elaborate handmade process. The brand prides itself on quality in every aspect of production, from the finest raw materials to socially responsible labour practices. Nowadays, Lorena Canals products are found worldwide in more than 2,500 points of sale, making its products available in more than 60 countries. Their offerings have expanded to include Home Decoration serving both children and grown-ups! A nursery funded by the SAKULA PROJECT now has 120 boys and girls attending and continues to grow year after year.
Wool rugs have been much loved by consumers worldwide for centuries due to its many great qualities. From an eco-friendly perspective, wool is a renewable resource and is biodegradable making it a great choice for “green” households. Wool rugs typically have superior strength and durability compared to synthetic fibres. The pile of a wool rug is very sturdy and insulating. It is also naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing. You might have heard of lanolin? It is a natural substance found in wool that coats its surface making it stain resistant. This coating helps stop dirt and stains from actually penetrating the wool. That is why spills on wool is very easy to clean. Finally, wool is a healthy choice when it comes to a rug. Wool is a natural material that is hygienic and non allergenic, it has no harmful gasses and deters the growth of bacteria and dust mites. For this reason, we view wool as the best choice particularly for a baby’s nursery or kid’s bedroom.
Care Instructions for Woolables
- Check label sewn onto the rug for recommended washing machine capacity for each rug. For this size, we recommend a minimum capacity of 9kg.
- To achieve the best result, vacuum the rug carefully before the washing.
- We recommend regular vacuum cleaning using low-powered vacuum cleaner with high-pile setting, to remove any loose fibers and to prevent dust and crumbs from setting into the roots of the fiber. Wash separately at 30º, using a gentle cycle and a short program (max 30 min). Use a neutral detergent.
- Make sure you use a low spin cycle if the rug has braids or fringes.
- Do not bleach. Avoid using softener.
- Do not leave the wet rug in the washer, as colors may bleed.
- Tumble dry at low temperature.
- Do not dry clean
- When you first unpack your rug, lay flat and allow the pile to condition at room temperature for 2-3 days, then brush or vacuum as normal to allow the pile to recover
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight as it may result in color fading.
- Trim with scissors any pulled or loose threads to prevent further damage.
- Clean spots and absorb liquid spills immediately with a clean, absorptive cloth. Avoid scrubbing to prevent damage.
- Do not use chemicals as they could damage or fade the colors of your rug.
- Never store your rug in an airtight plastic bag – use our practical cotton bag for storing.
- We recommend the use of the anti-slip underlay to keep your rug in place.
- If you find a long or loose threads, cut it with scissors. Never pull it
- Keep away from fire
- Enjoy the rug and let your kids get messy!